Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Broke and Busy

Negative $300 in the bank account and two weeks until payday. BOOYAH! hahahaha Sometimes you're just so broke that all you can do is laugh. I honestly have no idea how I'm going to pay bills and fund the production of this video at the same time. But hey, we've all been there and something will come through...hopefully.

Anywho, I've been working on completing the Extended Trailer that's being shown at the Pow Wow and I'm making some really good headway. I've got the whole thing editted, totaling 3:25 and I'm pretty stoked on it. There's alot of really good skating that I'm working with right now and its keeping me really excited to finish SOMO up. So after I do a little video treatment and make up some titles for it, it'll be ready to go and on its way to the Pow Wow for your eyes.

Adam came over the other day to shoot his interview for Rolling Revival, and check out the footage we'd be sending them/his section. We got a good decent length interview happening for them and have some really awesome footage we're sending them so hopefully, they'll put together some fire for your dome, be sure to keep on the lookout for that.

After I send off the Extended Trailer for the Pow Wow, I plan on releasing the 2nd SOMO trailer, long overdue, with all new footage. All in all I'd really like to release 3-4 trailers just to kind of keep people excited, but with how busy I'll be, we'll see how that goes.

Also, I've completed the DVD booklet, finally, minus one picture on the contents page that I should be shooting sometime next week. I'll definitely post some pictures when I have a final product ready. I'm really stoked about this aspect of the video and having it done is a really big deal for me.

From the get go, I wanted this to be a really in depth, and involved production. And with interactive DVD menus, animated titles, a DVD booklet and 5 profiles, it has proven to be the challenge I was hoping for. There is still so much work to be done, all of which I'm excited to conquer, but seeing everything come together finally after a year of shooting and traveling is just a really awesome feeling.

So just know that lack of posts doesn't mean lack of work, it just means I'm extremely busy.

I'll probably update again Friday, but if you don't get to it. Have fun at the Pow Wow!

No comments: