Friday, April 3, 2009

Tipping My Cards

Alright, stayed up late last night getting stuff for SOMO done and to give you an idea of the kinds of things I've been doing I'm gonna post some screen shots of things I've been working on.

This is the fully animated DVD Menu I've been working on:
It's still in the works but I dig the overall layout and look of it, I just have to work on getting the animated buttons working properly so it'll work seamlessly with the chapters and such. And of course there will be video running where that still pic is so it'll provide something interesting to look at while you sitting at the menu.

This is the DVD Cover/Back. I spent the better part of the night converting the Somo Promo elements to work with this cover.
I really like the way its going, I'm not so sure what I'm going to do with the picture frame on the back or if I'm going to use it all, it seems a bit out of place. But In this rendition of the design, I tried to give the back ground a more textured feeling. I just really need to find some way to tie the back of the DVD cover with the Front.

These are a couple pages from the DVD booklet I'm really hoping to have with the DVD.

Contents/Line-Up
Thomas/Pic Montage
Adam and Smiley
As you can tell, alot of elements aren't quite finished yet. I still have to input responses from the riders, and insert two more pages (Phil Gripper and a Picture Montage) in total there will be 12 pages featuring interviews with everyone who has a section in the video (Adam Mcmanus, Phil Gripper, Jason "Smiley" Mosley, Thomas Martin, and Tim Taylor.) I really like the idea of having short interviews with the riders because I think it gives the viewer an idea of how personal this whole process was

These next 3-4 months are going to be extremely busy. I have an event I'm shooting in Myrtle Beach on May 1st called Represented which will require my videography/designing/animating/editing/authoring skills and alot of attention. I'm pretty excited about this one. Here's a rough draft of a logo I'm working on for the DVD.
I kind of got a little last minute inspiration and put this together the other day. Its got a little more work to be done on it, with some coloring and possible texturing, but having this done is huge because it gives me a really good idea of where to go with the design for the rest of the production. So I'm pretty juiced on it.

Then of course the weekend after I'll be in Tallahasse for the Pow-Wow where SOMO will be premeiring. Which is what I've been looking forward to for the past year.

All while this is happening I have a wedding that I absolutely have to get done as soon as I can, which will require, 1-2 hours of capturing/editing and a little bit of designing as well.

And lastly, I have been working on a top secret book project that I haven't told alot of people about called "Everything." Its basically a book of pictures I've shot over the past couple years documenting travels and every other aspect of living. So I've only shown one other person these but here is your first look at the book I'm working on:
Cover
Page1&2
Page3&4
So, if I don't return calls/messages promptly its because I'm busting ass trying to get all this done.

And just a side note, despite everything going on, SOMO is taking priority over all of this and will be the first of these projects completed.

Amidst it all though, blading this weekend because you can't lose sight of what you love.

Holler duders.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Merry, Nick Pecoraro's girlfriend, I would like to point out a typo on Smiley's page...it should be is Johnny Ray really *your* hero somehow, not *you're*. I just thought I would point that out. I am feeling the need to look at the other parts closely now too. I will let you know if I see anything.

Anonymous said...

Shit is looking sick man!!! Wanted to let you know, you're welcome to use any of my photos you want (of thomas, phil, etc.) Just let me know and ill send you some hi res jams.

Unknown said...

ahhh thank you Merry! I haven't done a final revision yet, so I'm pretty sure there are discrepancies laced within the entire document, but that's honestly something I would have completely looked over haha so thank you!

And Chris I'm gonna holler at you momentarily at some of those photos.