Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Legend of Morgan Reed

Morgan Reed
One of the South's best kept secrets.

If I were to sum up Morgan Reed in two words...I would probably choose, 'mythological' and 'being.' And not because of his unicorn-like grace, or the zephyr-like altitude he soars at when skating park, but because of his sasquatch-like ability to avoid skating with me for the first 3 years I lived here in South Carolina.

When I moved here about 5 years ago, this guys name always got tossed around alot and people told wonderful stories of him filled with laughter and impeccable swagger. But up until about 2 years ago, I had yet to actually meet the man behind the beard...and I have to say, he definitely lived up to the hype.



After seeing Morgan skate the first couple of times, I knew he was the real Mccoy. Morgan is capable of throwing down lengthy, technical lines with steez so smooth it would bring a tear to Jeff Stockwell's eye. And the best part of it all, is all of this stylish, amazing skating was mostly done off camera. From my understanding, Morgan has some footage for the infamous Junk Edit, that Johnny Ray and Tyler Wade are working on, so there will be more of him to see there, but aside from an older edit Riley Hilsman Made, footage of Morgan is scarce.

Unfortunately, Morgan moved from SC a few months back to pursue his career as a badass tattoo artist in New Jersey. (pics below)


Having that said, all you guys out in NJ should harass him on his myspace here and get him to go skate so you can see it first hand.

Without further introduction I give you
The Unicorn...
The Man...
The Legend...
Morgan Reed.

Vimeo
Youtube


So this doesn't seem like a complete Morgan love fest, Morgan also enjoys beating women and eating small puppies (below)

Hope NJ is treating you well man!

Also, consider this the beginning to my 2.5 video installment.
I plan on releasing a bunch of online sections from a bunch of ill dudes around here with interviews/excerpts (like the one above) about them and their skating over the next year or so. Once I have created a sufficient amount of sections, I then hope to compile them all onto one DVD that will be available for those who are interested. So come skate with me, I'd love to make a montage or two.

Southern Motion Ships this Friday so get a copy if you don't already have one.

Greenville Premiere is August 16th be there or get eaten by tigers.

I'll see you doods at the next session.
Holler.